Varsity prep strength workshop
This workshop is designed for High School student-athletes and parents as an introduction to the concepts, movements and level of intensity needed to be successful in training for sport. We will teach safe, proper, and efficient lifting technique on the three major lifts: back squat, bench press, and deadlift. We will cover the fundamentals of sport-specific training, including sprinting, basic movements, warm-ups and cool downs, change-of-direction and agility drills, jumping and weightlifting. Participants will also be provided information on programming and diet.
- Understanding the basic principles of how to develop strength applicable to sport.
- Learning how to utilize warm-up progressions and mobility drills to aid in recovery and injury prevention.
- Developing competency in the major multi-jointed barbell movements: the squat, deadlift, bench press.
- Proper utilization of assistance exercises (sleds, tires, ropes, etc.)
- Establishing principles behind effective nutrition and supplementation.
Date: Saturday April 25th, 2015
Time: 10:00am - 2:00pm
Location: Harrison Strength & Fitness
Street: 75 Calvert Street
City/Town: Harrison, NY 10528
Individual Athlete: $40.00/athlete
Groups of 3 or more: $30.00/athlete
what to bring
Friday April 10th, 2015. Only 30 spaces available.